Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Surgery on friday went well. I am still recovering with limited use of both arms! I'm not sleeping great as I can only lay on my back...I am now experiencing back aches, neck pain, and horrible headaches from my one sleep position! I do have to say the staff at Deaconess was amazing! This was my first surgery and a very scary thing..they were all so encouraging and explained everything as we went along. The OR was just like I imagined from TV. Big, cold and scary! Lol The anesthesiologist helped me prepare for my little nap...as I was drifting off she was talking about a warm sunny place..she mentioned something about the kids all playing and getting along...ZZZZZZZ...surgery went well I was told!! Now for recovery...I just remember having the hardest time staying awake. I could hear the guy beside me gagging and making the strangest sounds. I was trying to focus and I think I only had 1 eye open trying to see what was going on...once I saw the trough looking thing hanging off his face I decided it would be better to not see! I then remember feeling the pain of the surgery sites..they were both pounding. I was also beginning to feel a little sick myself..the nurse gave me some anti-naseua meds and instantly I felt better. Then I got some pain meds and we were free to go home. Sunday was rough...I got up and ready to take a shower..after James and I strategically working to get my tshirt off...I stepped in the shower and just cried...its all real now...I could feel it, I could see it, I am fighting cancer!! The cuts and bruises were too much to look at. I could barely move my arms to wash my hair. I gave up..stepped out of the shower and just stood there...helpless! That was the reality..I can't do it all anymore. Tomorrow I start chemo at 9:30 am...I'm ready, yet scared....knowing that its gonna get worse, but praying for tremendous strength and comfort!
Feel free to stop and sat hi on my chemo days..as long as your not sick, we welcome company. I will be at CCNW on Sherman. Thank you again for the prayers and support.
Love you all....fierce faith!

1 comment:

  1. Steph,

    You know we are here for you and your family, whatever you need. It will be a long road, but I know your faith and the prayers of your friends and family will help you battle through this. I am thinking we may be seeing a lot of Isaiah. :) You know, Saturday afternoon after he got to our house, he told me "my mommy has cancer". I told him I know, and you will fight it and be just fine. He then ran off to continue playing whatever he and Ryan were playing, LOL.

    I mean it though... if you guys need anything at all, you just let us know. We will help in whatever way we can and are here for you.

    With love and prayers,
    Kim, Dan and Ryan

    ReplyDelete