Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2011

Great weekend

Hi everyone...I had an amazing weekend, feeling great. Aliyah had her kindergarten bbq on friday, and I still had hair! (She had mentioned earlier that it would be ok for me to come even if I was bald!) Lol Had Aliyahs bday party at Chuck E Cheese on saturday...that was a huge success..lots of friends were able to make it. (Thank you everyone for making her day so special) And on Sunday we had family pictures...and I still had hair!! Pictures were amazing! I can't wait to get them, we had lots of fun being the goofy family that we are! (Thank you Kari for that amazing gift!) I had a post op Dr. appt today, that went well. 13 since chemo...blood counts were all good, platelets were low, I go in tomorrow for my herceptin infusion, so I will see what they want to do then. I feel great! So glad since its just a week away and I get to do it all over again!! Man that time went fast! My big news is.....my hair started falling out today! Not in big clumps, but if I run my fingers through it, I end up with quite a bit in my hand. Its really kind of freaky. I went down and tried on wigs this afternoon...that was interesting! They all just looked so fake to me...they looked awesome on the bald manequin, but when I put them on, it looked like a big nest on my head! Haha. I have such fine, thin hair. It looked weird having a full, thick head of hair, which Is what I've always wanted! I did find one I liked, and they can order it in a color very close to my own. I'm going to look at a couple more places, I know I don't have but a couple days left with my own hair!! Sad, but I knew it was coming. Other than that we are all hangin in there, taking life 1 day at a time...counting all our blessings! Thank you all for your tremendous love and support..somedays I wouldn't make it through without the encouragement from many of you.

Love you--fierce faith <3

No comments:

Post a Comment