Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dark before Morning

8 days past chemo, I had my herceptin treatment yesterday.  The house was packed!!  I had to wait 1/2 hour to get a seat!   You'd think I was talking about the neighborhood bar or fancy restaurant, but noooooo I'm talkin bout the stinkin chemo suite!!!  Although I do have to tell you I sat next to a great guy one time, he leaned over and asked, "what are ya havin?"  Confused I looked at the snacks on my tray, and he pointed at my IV bag and said, "no, what are ya havin?"  I told him my chemo concoction, and he said, "Ive tried that! The drinks here aren't that good! But the bartenders and waitresses are!"  LOL  I replied..."And they're really expensive!"  It was quite funny to think of the place as a bar....worst hangovers I've ever had!!  I'm still not feeling the best, but like I said before each day is getting better.  The nasal drip is crazy this time.  I've literally bent or leaned over and it just ran out like water!?!?  It is the weirdest thing ever, but is a normal side effect of the herceptin.  Lovely!

Well today I got to meet with my plastic surgeon.  Dr. Oliva.  I really liked him.  Surgery is scheduled for September 19th.  10 hour surgery...5 days in the hospital....2 new boobs....and 1 tummy tuck!  LOL  Im excited and scared at the same time!  He really put me at ease regarding my recovery time.  Basically by the time I leave the hospital I will be moving around able to do some small things, not much, but more than I had expected!  The kids will all be in school, so I will have plenty of time for rest and recovery!

Before I go I have to tell you I heard an amazing song the other day that has completely changed my attitude...I was in a bit of a funk, feeling like my "fierce faith"  was being put to the test.  Then this song came on...I don't know if its new or old, but it is called "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson.  Look it up on youtube, and listen to it....I challenge you not to cry! LOL  This song touched my heart at just the perfect moment and I did a 360 in my mind!  Thank You God!!
 Part of the lyrics go like this: 
Would you dare would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It can’t compare to the joy that’s coming
So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you’ve been feeling
It’s just the dark before the morning
Love it!!!  And so I can tonight tell you that I have Fierce Faith once again....This battle is nearing the end, when I step in the ring one last time with all you behind me and God beside me...and KICK CANCERS A**!!!!

Love you all,
~Fierce Faith~

No comments:

Post a Comment