Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Almost a week past crappy chemo #5. I am starting to feel a little better. Each day has its own new weird aches, pains and side effects, but I always know when I'm coming up out of it!! I have tunnel vision right now....focusing on September 19th surgery...recovery....and then helping others that are going through what I just experienced. I have had so many blessings through this journey, that I have to pay it forward once I am well. There is something special about talking to that person that just walked in your shoes! That really understands what you are going through...I know God has called me to be that for many other women! I've met some amazing, courageous people sitting in those chemo chairs...some with an outcome not so good. Yet they still keep a sense of humor and faith in their unknown future. It puts so much of my life into perspective...how to not take one simple thing for granted...tonight I came to the conclusion that I will forever appreciate my taste buds, I get so frustrated that everything I eat tastes gross...I need nutrients/energy, but I just cant find anything that even tastes good. I know that sounds goofy, but it took something like this to even make me think about the intricate threads of our body.  I feel like I get the chance to start over,  a new me.  To truly live life as God had intended.  I'm very excited for that!!  And I know it is just around the corner!

I did get to experience the Liberty Lake Relay 4 Life on Friday night! Thanks again to everyone that help put together a team in my name and raised money, and came out to walk!! What an amazing event, I want to be a bigger part of that next year!! So many ways to show support and get involved so that one day we may have a cure for this stupid disease. 

I'm off to get some much needed beauty rest!!  

Love you all,
~Fierce Faith~

No comments:

Post a Comment