Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It is what it is...accept it!

Well...its been 2 weeks now. Ive accepted the fact that I have cancer...although it still sounds weird to hear...but I know this is just part of my mission to glorify God. I've done alot of soul searching these past 2 weeks and my relationship with my heavenly father couldn't be any closer. So, what's next? Tomorrow I meet with a new surgical oncologist for a second opinion. I originally started with rockwood, but cancer care northwest came highly recommended. I figure this is my body, a huge step, I better feel confident with the surgeon. I just didn't feel that with the first oncologist. Just to let you know the "plan", I'm looking at a bi-latetal mastectomy with reconstructive surgery. Sounds so....medical......basically, get rid of the old boobs and get a new pair!! Younger ones!! That haven't gone through 3 pregnancies!! Depending on what they find after surgery will determine my chemo. The Pathology report and MRI are showing 2 different sizes of the tumor. My question....will I lose my hair? Absolutely! Was the answer. SAWEET! I already know what I will look like bald...my brother! Haha. I definatly see wigs in my future! I've heard hair can come back thicker or curly, so Im banking on beautiful curly hair when Im done with this...one hell of a perm, huh? I totally believe in the power of the spoken word, and a positive attitude. I could take this experience and feel sorry for myself, or I can turn it around and show my humorous approach on life. I know I will have bad days, but I CHOOSE to make the best of them! I can't thank you all enough for all the support. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment