Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Doctor Doctor??

Doctor Doctor on the wall....who's the wisest of them all?? Hahaha! Well I met with Dr. Parviz, really liked her. So that's good! I meet with Joni Nichols...chemo doc on Monday. Excited bout that...I've heard nothing but great things about her. New plan may be chemo first, then surgery!! Aaaaaagggghhhh, I'm ready to be bald, but not this soon!! I really don't think I'm ready to be bald. Lol My head is spinning with all the different recomendations so I don't think I will even try to post anything yet, I think it would come out as a garbled mess! Met another survivor today at the kids' dentist...and guess what....her hair came back with some curl! Im tellin ya....I will have curly hair! And she told me about the"chemo diet" 30 lbs in 30 days! No pain, no gain, right? Right? One more amazing thing...Props to the staff at horizon credit union! Specifically Denise for putting our name in. The staff pays to wear jeans on fridays...the money they collect goes to someone in the community going through a tough time. We got a letter saying $450 was deposited into an account for us! How awesome is that! How come stuff like that is never on the news? Instead we hear the dipstick talkin about..."hide yer kids....hide yer wife..." And if you don't know what Im talking about.....where have you been?? Lol There are amazing people all around us!! I am so blessed to have so many of you in my life...praying, fighting, and standing in faith with me and my family during this time in my life. Thank you all again for your encouraging words and prayers...I feel them everyday! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie! I'm following you on your journey through this difficult time & I just wanted to tell you that God is with you during this time. While reading your blog I've been thinking about the Footprints story:

    Footprints

    One night I dreamed a dream.
    I was walking along the beach with my Lord. Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to me and one to my Lord.

    When the last scene of my life shot before me I looked back at the footprints in the sand. There was only one set of footprints. I realized that this was at the lowest and saddest times of my life. This always bothered me and I questioned the Lord about my dilemma.

    "Lord, You told me when I decided to follow You, You would walk and talk with me all the way. But I'm aware that during the most troublesome times of my life there is only one set of footprints. I just don't understand why, when I need You most, You leave me."

    He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you, never, ever, during your trials and testings. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you."

    He never gives us more than we can handle & I truly believe He does carry us through the hard times if we just ask. You are a strong woman & you have a loving & supportive family. If you ever need anything please let me know! =) God Bless you during this time! Prayers are definitely being sent your way

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, When we hung up this evening I called Karlee into the room and did my share of breaking down then called mom. God is a good God as we know and I am not sure how I my self can deal with this but I am going to be strong for you. I love you so so very much. I really hope you take the time to go on youtube and watch the secret. I was not going to read your post nor write on them until I had time to get myself together but here I am. I remember you coming into my office at work and crying cause you were pregnant for the 3rd time so WHY couldnt this just be another baby is what I am asking myself lol. I so believe in my heart the love and power of God is all around us and you have everything inside of you to heal. Again I love you so so much and will be praying every chance I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph, Dad here. Understand that you had a bad day yesterday 4/25/11. Hang in there Baby Girl, yes, you are still my Baby Girl. Everything is starting to come to a head and the reality of what is going on and what you will be going through is starting to hit home. Remember you can't finish anything until you start it. We have no doubt that things will be fine and you will go past this with a new outlook on Life, Family, and Friends. You are a special person and God puts special people through many tests in life. He just happened to pick this one for you, and he knows you are up to the task. Mom and I are here for you and the kids. This is probablly selfish of me but I can't stand to think of you being sad and scared. So when you see me please give me a smile no matter how hard it might be and I will always do the same for you. Through teary eyes I will tell you how much I love you and to always keep your faith.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete