Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I have what??

It's amazing how fast life can change from one day to the next. This is exactly what happened to my life and my family just 10 days ago. Welcome to my....our......journey with breast cancer. On March 28 I went to the doctor for what I thought was just a long over due physical. I'd been feeling a little tired, but never guessed how that 1 long overdue appt would forever change my life. The doctor found a small lump in my right breast..it's probably just a cyst she said but you should get it checked out. 2 days later I was getting my first mammogram and ultrasound. It's not a cyst I was told...more like a "mass" The next step....needle biopsy. My emotional roller coaster is now in motion! They scheduled an appointment after my biopsy to get the results. 4 days later.....just 8 days from my first visit to the doctor, James and I were told that my biopsy had come back positive for breast cancer. 37 years old....no family history...how could this be?!? As the doctor went into details, I remember feeling numb. I couldn't look at James. I was trying to process what she was saying, but I just kept thinking about my family. How would we tell the kids? That all took place on April 5, 2011. The day that changed my families life forever. So, the last 2 weeks I've been praying for God to walk with me and comfort me in the many hard decisions ahead. I'm thankful for all of my amazing friends and family. This begins our story....one of perserverance.....one of faith....one of triumph! Thank you to all of you reading this for your support and prayer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Steph. Every step of the way.

    Loving you and keeping you close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby and I are praying for you, James, and your children. Words are hard to find at times like these, but I wanted to let you know that we do care a lot about you. Thank you for sharing this blog site with us.

    Diana Reynolds

    ReplyDelete