Total Pageviews

Friday, April 5, 2019

When There Is Crisis....There Christ Is.

4.5.2011 - DD DAY! 


     I like to call this Double D Day. And no, I was not a size DD!!  This was my Diagnosis Day and it was my Deliverance Day!  I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer-Yet delivered into a forever relationship with my heavenly father!  Ya, I grew up going to church, went to church on my own as a young adult, brought my kids to church at early ages, etc. But that was all...I sat in the middle of those 4 walls...a sheep with no shepherd!


     So many times we cry out when we need help.  God help me! I cant do this alone!  He picks us up, dusts us off, fixes what's broken and we put him right back in our back pocket until next time!  It was this day I made the decision that he was not going back into my pocket....That if I wanted to live to see tomorrow, to see my kids grow up and to have a loving relationship with my husband until we were old and gray that I needed him right here, by my side, every single day!  It's unfortunate that it took this crisis...to see there Christ is, but that's what it took for my eyes to be opened I guess?!


     Here I am...8 years later....What's different?!  Has every day been sunshine and roses?  NOPE.  Have I still experienced difficult times raising kids?  YEP.   Is money no longer an issue?  NOPE  Has my marriage been rocky?  YEP.  Does my body look smokin hot from having a cancer removing "boob job" and "tummy tuck"?  NOPE.  Am I covered in scars that are a constant reminder of the pain I endured? YEP.  (My closest friends are bobbin their head through this section thinking of the E40 song!) LOL

  Focusing on God doesn't mean those things will go away...it just means I have a solid, no matter what, I got your back, you got this girl, Rock in my corner!!

They say time heals all wounds. I suppose I can attest to that.  But what I really believe is God heals all wounds!

~Fierce Faith~

No comments:

Post a Comment