Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Out of hibernation

Hello again!! Chemo # 4 is now officially behind me!!!  I literally walked in the door from work on Wednesday evening....took off my shoes....crawled in to bed and stayed there until today...Saturday!!  I was still in my work clothes until Friday when I changed my shirt!  Chemo brain was in full force this round, I forgot to go in for my Neulasta shot the day after chemo...Thank goodness one of the nurses called and reminded me around 4:15, so I was able to run in and get it before they closed!  I then forgot to take my last dose of steroids, and almost forgot my big nausea pill, forgot my meds for heartburn. I cant say I felt any worse or better than after any of the other txs, I just figured as long as I could sleep I wouldn't have to feel any of the pain.  It worked! (somewhat) Still feel crappy, but I'm coming up out of it! I was able to walk around the farmers market with my mom and Aliyah this morning, even made a trip to the grocery store......bad bad bad thing to do when you are really hungry and just trying to come up with things that might taste good...$50 later I ended up with potato chips and bean dip, hash browns, watermelon, sugar snaps cereal (which I never eat) top ramen, & some orange slice gumdrops!   WTF?!?!?  How am I supposed to put any of that together as a meal???  I'm still not sure any of it will even taste as good as it sounds, but hey at least I feel like I might be able to eat sooner than the last treatments.  I do have to say the new rx for heartburn is awesome!!  I have mild heartburn this time, but nothing like the last ones.  I still have the gross taste thing going on, but minus the heartburn makes it much easier to even try different foods.  So, now I can proudly say I only have 2 treatments left and I am thrilled!!!  Although this was a crazy ride, I can see how later I will be able to look back at it and think, that wasn't so bad.  Although I'm not technically a survivor yet, I will leave you with this; 

Top 10 Ways to Know You are a Cancer Survivor

10 Your alarm clock goes off at 6 a.m. and you're glad to hear it.
9. Your mother-in-law invites you to lunch and you just say NO.
8. You're back in the family rotation to take out the garbage.
7. When you no longer have an urge to choke the person who says,
"all you need to beat cancer is the right attitude."
6. When your dental floss runs out and you buy 1000 yards.
5. When you use your toothbrush to brush your teeth and not comb your hair.
4. You have a chance to buy additional life insurance but you buy a new convertible car instead.
3. Your doctor tells you to lose weight and do something about your
cholesterol and you actually listen.
2. When your biggest annual celebration is again your birthday, and not the day you were diagnosed.
1. When you use your Visa card more than your hospital parking pass

~Fierce Faith~

No comments:

Post a Comment